12 January 2012

Tracy's Way or the Highway

Day 3 of Tracy Anderson's Bootcamp

I have to retract something I said in yesterday's blog.  Remember how I said, "So Sad" about the Smoked Turkey Breast with Wilted Kale and Raisins dinner?  It was actually not that bad.  The turkey by itself was nothing to cheer about and I already enjoy kale from juicing, but when you add the turkey and kale to the golden raisins and baby carrots (along with the truckload of cracked black pepper I used), magic happens!  I'm not saying they are going to be serving this dish at the Four Season anytime soon, but I am saying that on Day 2 (for those of you who will give BC [Bootcamp] a try), dinner will likely be the only meal you find enjoyable.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

In the book, Tracy Anderson's 30-Day Method,  Tracy says that if you do everything she says you can expect to lose 3 to 5lbs per week the first 3 weeks and then 5 to 9lbs the last week when you do the cleanse.  I do not believe everything I read, so I didn't really take this to heart.  However, when I weighed myself this morning (after only 2 days, people!), I am down 2.2lbs!!  So, I am right on target to meet that 3 to 5 pound a week goal.   WOW! I guess I will do everything she says (except for the soy and the lamb...).  It's amazing how subtracting 2.2 itty bitty pounds can make your day seem brighter.  Oh, JOY!


Here's Today's Menu:
Breakfast - Veggie Omelet Roll-Up (If you can get past the appearance of this one, you'll be okay. It's pretty bland. It's basically quinoa and pureed zucchini, spinach, green onion and mushroom "inside" of an egg white patty. Just close your eyes as you eat.)
Lunch - Grilled Salmon Salad with Endive and Red Onion (Have mints or toothpaste on hand for after, but this salad was delicious!! Even the raspberry cucumber dijon dressing was excellent. Yum-tastic!)
Snack - Blueberry Applesauce (It tastes exactly how it sounds... I'm undecided on how I feel about it.)
Dinner - Orange Glazed Salmon and Roasted Mushrooms (O-M-Goodness!! This salmon was delicious. I love, Love, LOVED it.  This little dish will be regularly rotated in my culinary life and thank goodness no one was around because I had to SMACK on this one. Mm mm mmm! Want the recipe now?)

Veggie Omelet Roll-Up
Grilled Salmon Salad with Endive and Red Onion (I don't know why Blogger keeps turning my photos sideways. Annoying!!)
Blueberry Applesauce
Orange Glazed Salmon...!
 
Orange Glazed Salmon and Roasted Mushrooms - I figured you should have two photos of this dish!


I wonder though...since the food was so good today, does that mean tomorrow it will be bad?


The exercise was the usual (lengthy and tough), but I'm proud to say that I added on 5 additional reps (I'm up to 30) and I worked up a good sweat!  Goodbye toxins!!  I just needed a bigger space heater... :-)

Tomorrow awaits me and I have no food made in advance.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying the food. There are some things which I will NOT repeat but others are regular feature. The Orange Glazed salmon is delish. The steamed veggie plate is not so great but the peppered tuna steak more than makes up for it!
    I hope you are enjoying the exercises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What won't you repeat? I feel that way about the Cucumber Mint Relish. I had to force myself to eat it.

      Yes, the exercises I enjoy! I'm a bit worried that I don't still feel the burn the following day as I did the first couple of days, but at the same time I don't want to have to wince every time I go to sit down. :-)

      Delete