Day ?? of Tracy Anderson's Bootcamp
I fell off the wagon!
Well, actually I kind of jumped off of it, while it was still moving...
I mean, really! I didn't even make it a full week!
I tried to repeat Day 6 at least 3 times and never quite got it right. So, I moved on to Day 7 and something about that day makes me really want a Large fry from McDonald's.
So rather than sabotage my progress any further, I have made the executive decision to START OVER!! I can do that, right?
There is some good news here (Yes, I found some!) and it's that I fully know what to expect this time around. There is no way that I can personally manage working out for 2 hours a day each night and still get a good night's rest without waking up late the next morning especially when I have to make four meals for the next day.
When I do something, I really like to make sure that I have done it correctly. I'm one of those people who beats herself up over making mistakes. Nooooo, I do NOT want a 3.987 GPA, I want a 4.333 GPA!!! I'm working on getting over that little issue... In the meantime though, I'll just start over.
So, this next go-round I will have to make a few changes that will allow me to easier manage this program:
- Workout in the morning
- Prepare food for the entire week in advance (except the juicing which should be done the day of)
- Lucky for me I have plenty of leftovers that I froze from Week One and also plenty of produce left
- Don't cheat AT ALL!!
- Some folks may be able to cheat a little and then reel it back in, but not me. All it took was for me to cheat that one day and then I ended up slacking the rest of the time. I would eat the meals & then do half the workout or I would do all of the workout and only eat some of the meals.
- EXCEPTIONS - I absolutely refuse to eat that cucumber mint relish again. I will juice a cucumber and toss some mint leaves and coconut water in it instead, but the relish...I JUST CAN'T!! Also, still no soy products or lamb.
- Since this will be my second time around doing Sequence 1 (Days 1-10), and my body was starting to get used to the exercises, I am going to start on Day One with ankle weights and work up to 40 reps. I had gotten up to 60 leg and 80 ab reps without the weights. I wouldn't recommend this if you are just starting out and your Day One is really your first day ever into TAM.
There are no more candy bars in my house this time! Now if only there was a Potato-Eaters Anonymous group I could be a part of that would ban me from all venues that sell fries. Not that I would join... :-)
Here's to my brand new Day One.
Wish me luck because I will certainly need it!